Friday, April 23, 2010

so its been like 2 weeks






Ok so it's been like two weeks since my last post so i suppose i really should write some more. Chronological oder might take too long so we'll go by topic:

Classes:
So I have decided upon 5 classes of which I think I will take 4. One is taught in English and is about American culture and Media. I think it will be a bit of a theory class and may end up going off topic quite a bit. We spent a good 20 minutes discussing humans need to break free of wires and in the future you will not have any wires to your electronic devices and to listen to music you will have a nano chip installed in your ear. WEIRD. but yea the class is supposed to discuss the role and development of media in American culture, but we'll see. Then I am taking 2 erasmus courses, which are courses taught in german about germany but are meant for non german speakers so they are a bit easier in workload, and you can feel more confident to talk because other people don't know the language perfectly either. The two topics: "the other germany (GDR)" and "aura and diziplin" which is basically women in berlin. I like both these classes alot and I think they will be really interesting. Then I am also taking a Sprachkurs, which is a german language course. I feel like its a bit elementary, but I might stick with it because it will force me to be more disciplined with learning my german, but we'll see, I have 2 weeks to decide if I want to take it for sure. Then there is a course on the Brother Grimm stories and how they have been transformed in different cultures as well as how they have been used in Germany (like by the Nazis). So all of them sound super interesting, but 5 classes is alot to take so I am not sure what I will do. It will come down to either the sprachkurs or the grimm brothers course.

Housing:
So my house is pretty cool, but the social aspect is non-existent. I don't talk to my roommate at all and he stays in his room watching tv all the time, and if i go in to ask him something, I feel like I am intruding... SO i have begun to look for other housing. I'm hoping to find a place that is more social and with more people, so I will keep you updated.

THE ZOO:
Last saturday my friends and I went to the zoo and it was quite a day. The day began with interracial llama sex and only got better from there. We saw a stoned looking camel who we believe was having a staring contest with a metal pole, as well as a monkey's ass that looked like a face. We also got to watch them feed the tigers and one of them roared and we were inside a buidling like right infront of the cage and it was scary, definitely wouldn't want to hear that in the wild. Love was in the air that day, and in addition to the llamas we also saw some chickens making some chicklets. But the winner of the day was the beaver gang rape. I am trying to post the video on either facebook or youtube but it seems to be taking forever to do so, so it may not happen. But yea basically there were like 5 beavers chasing this one little girl beaver and they were just jumping on one after another. One of them just started humping the air and then realized she wasn't in front of him so he then ran after her with the rest of the guys. but yea sad but funny.

the next day:
on sunday after the zoo, caroline, nathan and I went and saw a movie called the Weisse Band. It was weird and in german so i didnt really understand it, so we'll skip that part. But after we went to a flohmarkt at teirgarten and then walked around the park. We decided to sit for a while and I took a nap. I woke up with a dog in my face, it startled me but it was cute. then the dog ran over to another group of people and stole this kids ball, and then the little boy protested with "Nein, das ist mein Ball!" AW adorable. Little kids speaking german just gets me everytime. haha. so yea that was a good day.

Danny's 21st:
So last night my friend Danny turned 21 so we took him out. We began the night at madam claude's, i think we are becoming regulars there, but its a cool bar so whatever. Then we went to this club called ADAGIO. Most ritzy place I've been to yet. It was much more like an american club and it would be perfect in Vegas. It looks like an old church on the inside and we really cool and gothic. But there was like no one there, so it was really funny that we showed up in this huge group. But the few people that were there were quite interesting. There was one guy who was wearing white pants, white shoes and a white shirt with dark pinstripes. Then there was a cougar, who was going after this young guy in a polo shirt and the two couldn't keep their hands off each other. But the best part was, was that they would break away from each other and just walk around the dance floor, eyeing each other across the room and then they would come together again and just start going at it. My friend Ellie said the woman pulled the guys pants down and Ellie got a view of his butt. SO GOOD.

So that is a synopsis of the past two weeks, all the highlights anyway. I will truly try to be more on top of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment