Sunday, May 9, 2010

how time flies

So i think this blog will have to be a weekly thing, since I clearly cannot write for it more frequently than that. Well this week was kinda uneventful compared to the past weeks. But here goes:

Sunday I moved into my new place. I absolutely love it, and it definitely feels more like home. Everyone is super great and really nice.
Gary is working in some sort of public relations job. I'm not really sure, but he has already completed his studies. He studied at San Jose State, so he knows a bit more about California than everyone else, so its kinda like having someone from home which is nice.
Jens is a student studying economics. He's the oldest of the house (32 i think) but it doesn't really show. He likes to hang out with everyone just as much as the other roommates. He cracks me up cuz his english is the worst of the roommates, but he just has really great expressions and is always excited to talk to you.
Julien is from France. I haven't really gotten to know him much, because he has been in away in Paris this past week. He is the only other person in the house that is not fluent in German.
Juale is super nice. She is studying something with the environment and she just come back from a business trip where she was working with a team of people promoting new electric cars.
Elvira is from Switzerland and is studying in Berlin for the semester like me. She studies english and german literature I think. She's really sweet. She and I bonded a little bit on Wednesday when the house went out for drinks. We talked to each other the whole evening about a little bit of everything. She's very open and welcoming and I really enjoy being around her.
Celine is German and is here until the end of July. She is not a student and just works. She's also very cool. In August she will be going home to visit family for a month and then in september or october she is going to Australia for a year, that will most likely be followed by 6 months in New Zealand. I think its so cool that she's doing that. She is just going for the sake of going and seeing where she ends up. She has a carefree attitude and is a free spirit and its the type of person I think I would like to be.
and finally there is Eli. She is the youngest in the house, having just turned 19 earlier this year. She is actually still in Gymnasium (German high school) and will need to take an extra year to graduate because she switched schools. Shes really nice and kinda a goth/punk with her look, but we get along quite well.

I really love it here. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. They invite me out with them and include me in whatever there doing. It is a really great house.

Other big events of the week include my first real class in German. I had my grimm brother's class this week and its my only class that is with other german students. It is really hard. We had class for 4 hours and I pretty much didn't understand what anyone was saying. It worries me a little bit, but at the same time i think it will be ok, because all I have to do for a grade is a group presentation (in german) and a 3-5 page paper. And I really only need to just pass the class to get a decent grade back home so i think it will be ok.

Thursday night we had a british election party. It was good fun to hang out with everyone, but the actual election coverage was a bit boring.
Other than that its been a pretty quiet week in comparison to the previous weeks. Next week I will be going to Prague so I am quite excited for that.

Well I think thats about it. More to come in another week's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment